Pregnancy can be very comfortable and uncomplicated for some expectant mothers, while for others it can be very difficult. The first of these difficulties is nausea and vomiting. Nausea and vomiting, which are considered as one of the first symptoms of pregnancy, can be experienced very little in some pregnancies, while in some pregnancies it can cause a very annoying process. Although the exact cause of nausea and vomiting, especially in the first 3 months of pregnancy, is not yet known, it can be said that hormonal changes cause contraction and relaxation in the digestive system and cause such problems, but you can still cope with nausea and vomiting during pregnancy by applying some small methods.
How to cope with nausea and vomiting during pregnancy
Nausea and vomiting during pregnancy are often associated with sensitivity to odors. Sometimes food, stress, fatigue, fatigue, vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause nausea and vomiting. In such cases, you can overcome your nausea and vomiting problem more easily by applying the following methods.
- Keeping your stomach empty for a long time (especially in the morning) can cause nausea. Therefore, you should have a snack when you wake up in the morning and do not skip meals during the day.
- Drinking water will be the most effective solution to overcome the nausea you experience during the day, especially morning sickness. By drinking 1 glass of water every hour from the moment you wake up in the morning, you can both prevent nausea and vomiting and keep your body hydrated.
- Ginger and mint are among the spices that reduce nausea and vomiting during pregnancy. Thanks to their aroma, they soothe the stomach, reduce nausea and ease digestion. When you feel nauseous, you can chew a piece of ginger or make tea and drink it. Likewise, you can consume mint tea or try to cope with your nausea by smelling mint.
- Too much fatty, salty and spicy food is hard on the digestion and frequent consumption of such foods can also increase nausea and vomiting. By removing these types of foods from your diet, you can both support digestion and reduce nausea.
- A stuffy environment can also cause vomiting. Frequent airing of the room and the house during the day will give you relief.
- Food odors, deodorants and sprays, bad smells increase the feeling of nausea. If you suffer from pregnancy-related nausea, you should avoid such odors.
- Massage on the inner side of the right wrist is thought to reduce nausea. Therefore, when you feel nausea starting to occur, you can observe the effect by massaging your right wrist.
No matter which method you try, if your nausea and vomiting do not decrease, you can get support by contacting your doctor and you can cope with your nausea more easily.
I wish you a healthy pregnancy without any nausea.