Vaginal yeast infection is one of the most common types of infection among women. Approximately 95% of adult women have experienced vaginal yeast at some point in their lives, even once. Fungus, which negatively affects daily life and causes both physical and psychological discomfort, can be caused by many different things, from pregnancy to antibiotic use.
Symptoms of Vaginal Yeast Infection
In mild or moderate fungal infections, the following symptoms are observed, you can be treated in a short time by seeing your doctor as soon as you observe such symptoms.
- Vaginal itching
- Swelling around the vagina – blistering
- Burning sensation when urinating
- Burning or pain during sexual intercourse
- Redness in the areas of itching
- Vaginal rash
- Vaginal pain
- Gray and thick vaginal discharge
Symptoms of Complicated Vaginal Yeast Infection
If left untreated, yeast infection can develop into a severe and complicated fungal infection. If you observe the fungus with the following conditions, you should see a doctor immediately
- If there is very intense redness, swelling and itching,
- If cracks and sores have formed,
- If there is pregnancy,
- If you have uncontrolled diabetes,
- If your immune system is weak.
Causes of Vaginal Yeast Infection
Vaginal yeast infections are usually caused by a type of fungus called candida albicans. Lactobacillus bacteria keep this fungus under control by preventing it from multiplying, but sometimes imbalances in the system prevent the beneficial bacteria called lactobacilli from working effectively. This causes candida albicans fungi to multiply and cause infection. Some of the causes of imbalances in the body system are as follows;
- Use of antibiotics that change the pH of the vagina
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Weakening of the immune system
- Steroid treatment
- Birth control pills that increase estrogen levels
- Unbalanced and poor eating habits
- Hormonal imbalance close to your menstrual cycle
- Sleep problems
- Perfumed vaginal hygiene sprays
- Underwear or pads that prevent the vagina from breathing
Vaginal Fungus Treatment
Fungus treatment methods include suppositories applied to the vaginal area, antifungal creams applied to the external genital area or oral tablets. You can get rid of the fungal infection in a short time with the diagnosis and treatment method recommended by your doctor. Therefore, I recommend that you consult your doctor as soon as you notice symptoms.
Have a healthy day…